Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS VH236 LCD Monitor

Phoronix: ASUS VH236 LCD Monitor

Over the years we have looked at many ASUS products primarily with when it comes to graphics cards and motherboards, but never had we got our hands on an ASUS LCD monitor. However, that changed earlier this month when receiving the ASUS VH236 LCD monitor. This 23-inch widescreen monitor from ASUS has a native resolution of 1920 x 1200, a 2ms GTG response time, ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio Technology, ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence Technology, and a dual 2W speaker system. This ASUS display may not be as nice as the Samsung SyncMaster 305T but it does offer more features than some of the other monitors in its class like the Dell S2409W. Continue on as we test out the ASUS VH236 LCD monitor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As much as i love this site i don't understand monitor reviews.

Isn't this supposed to be a linux review site? So monitor works with linux. Next.

Motherboards, CPU's, graphics cards etc... are all great, we get to see compatibility and how well they work and some benchmarks.

But seriously monitors and USB mices? Maybe its worth a forum entry but a whole review just seems like your desperate for reviews and will review anything.

Now how about one of those zotac boards with an ION chipset on for review?

Comment

...has a native resolution of 1920 x 1200...
      - 1920 x 1080 (1080p) Native Resolution
      huh, what now?

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
        As much as i love this site i don't understand monitor reviews.

Isn't this supposed to be a linux review site? So monitor works with linux. Next.

Motherboards, CPU's, graphics cards etc... are all great, we get to see compatibility and how well they work and some benchmarks.

But seriously monitors and USB mices? Maybe its worth a forum entry but a whole review just seems like your desperate for reviews and will review anything.

Now how about one of those zotac boards with an ION chipset on for review?
        I admit monitors don't have a lot to do with Linux in particular (though I've seen some monitors with a 'Windows Vista compatible' sticker on them. Damn, is Microsoft despicable.), but this review is no wrong. The more the merrier, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          huh, what now?
          Typo, fixed. Thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your rating in these reviews. I've been following the site for just 1-2 years, but I think all the reviews I've seen resulted in either 8/10 or 9/10. If you have a 10-step spectrum of gradings, then why not use it? At least, an explanation of what the different grades mean (ie. how bad should a product be to score 3/10) would be nice - otherwise (as much as I enjoy reading reviews from a linux perspective) I think the gradings become kind of useless.

That aside, keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
            X