Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa: Thread Offloading, Asynchronous SwapBuffers

Phoronix: Mesa: Thread Offloading, Asynchronous SwapBuffers

Marek Ol??k continues to work on Mesa/Gallium3D performance improvements. Marek's latest work is on implementing a-synchronous SwapBuffers and to allow for thread offloading of SwapBuffers via a new DRI2 extension to the libGL-Mesa interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Mesa: Thread Offloading, Asynchronous SwapBuffers

Marek Ol??k continues to work on Mesa/Gallium3D performance improvements. Marek's latest work is on implementing a-synchronous SwapBuffers and to allow for thread offloading of SwapBuffers via a new DRI2 extension to the libGL-Mesa interface...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIyOTY
    Problems or currently imperfect code aside, here's a big thank you to Marek for continuing his work
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Maybe Minecraft will be faster. Fingers crossed.

Comment

any benchmarks of this patches ?

Comment

The patches don't improve anything, because there is no driver support. First it must be accepted before I send the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by siride View Post
            Maybe Minecraft will be faster. Fingers crossed.
            One of the intel guys recently committed a patch that speeds up Minecraft by 15% i think.

It looked like common code, so i expect it might help the faster hardware like radeon even more.

Comment

Working...
            X