Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

First off, Tiger Direct is a horrible etailer and if possible avoid it at all costs!

Some of the GeForce 8800GTS brands that are good include BFG Technology, eVGA, and ASUS.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Asus, BFG, EVGA, Leadtek, XFX. Don't waste your time with the rest. The differences between them are mostly in stock clockspeeds and some have a different HSF (perhaps one brand has a quieter one than the others).

Michael: I'm surprised by that comment. Is there something we need to know about TigerDirect? A few weeks from now I was going to buy many items I needed from that website...

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
      Michael: I'm surprised by that comment. Is there something we need to know about TigerDirect? A few weeks from now I was going to buy many items I needed from that website...
      I don't even know where to begin. Tiger Direct is one of the worst online retailers ever.

Here's a few links...

In order to win big, you’ll need to be disciplined and diversify your investments. What Law of Large Numbers Says? The law of large numbers states that if you bet $1 on each of 10 games, then out of the 10 bets you made, one should be a winner. If you bet

If you search like "Tiger Direct Sucks" or similar terms, you will see a LOT more.

Have you ordered from Tiger Direct before? How was it?

NewEgg is not a sponsor of Phoronix (though I wish), but for 97% of what I buy all goes through NewEgg. If you are in the United States, I would suggest them.
      Michael Larabel

Comment

That's the problem with most e-tailers, I live in the Caribbean and unfortunately NewEgg doesn't ship Internationally. And no, I've never ordered stuff from TigerDirect before, but a few people here have and they've had "good results". The only way I could get things through NewEgg would be if I knew someone in the U.S. that could buy the items for me and ship them to me.
        Last edited by 1c3d0g; 24 February 2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

That's the problem with most e-tailers, I live in the Caribbean and unfortunately NewEgg doesn't ship Internationally.
          1c3dog,

For the help of others, what online etailers ship to the Caribbean?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

That's what I've been trying to search for for years, and before TigerDirect, there weren't any other e-tailers shipping Internationally (I don't blame them either, it's more expensive for them). Now that I can't trust TigerDirect however, I'll have to go looking for another e-tailer. So far I haven't discovered any. Once I've posted a request on HardForum.com for someone to help me buy the stuff I needed (and that went well), but I'm putting a lot of trust on that person and that's not something I want to go through every time I order something.

Comment

That's what I've been trying to search for for years, and before TigerDirect, there weren't any other e-tailers shipping Internationally (I don't blame them either, it's more expensive for them). Now that I can't trust TigerDirect however, I'll have to go looking for another e-tailer. So far I haven't discovered any. Once I've posted a request on HardForum.com for someone to help me buy the stuff I needed (and that went well), but I'm putting a lot of trust on that person and that's not something I want to go through every time I order something.
              Too bad I have a very busy schedule and am away often, otherwise I would have been glad to help you ship parts.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                First off, Tiger Direct is a horrible etailer and if possible avoid it at all costs!

Some of the GeForce 8800GTS brands that are good include BFG Technology, eVGA, and ASUS.
                I generally deal with Newegg for online retail. I also have dealt with PCParts, PortaTech, and a few others.

The only one I will never deal with again is United Micro.

Comment

Here is a good place to check the reliability of online etailers:
                  Share your opinion on your favorite (and least favorite) stores. Help other shoppers find trustworthy stores and avoid bad shopping experiences with ResellerRatings.

Just type in the name of the company. Tiger Direct gets a 4.xx rating. Newegg consistently gets 9.xx.

Comment

Some of those horror stories sounds familiar. I ordered some ram from Zip Zoom Fly Once.
                    1 stick was bad it took 4 days to get an rma number. I marked the stick that was bad by putting
                    a small piece of paper. It took them 2 weeks to respond after receiving the item. They said they tested the sticks and they were fine and offed to ship them back or refund minus the 15% restocking fee. I took the items back I was not about to eat 15% of almost 300$. I contacted Corsair while they were being shipped back had an rma number waiting. 1 day after Corsair received them I got an e-mail saying that the stick I marked was bad and the replacements were on the way. I forwarded that e-mail back to the person and asked them how it could have passed their tests and told them I would never do buisness with them again as well as let everyone I knew to beware. Total time down on building my new comp 28 days plus 40$ shipping.

Newegg is the only place I shop for comp parts now.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                    X