Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly Shader Extension For Mesa Drafted

Phoronix: Assembly Shader Extension For Mesa Drafted

Back during the X Developers' Conference last month, one of the sessions was on GL shaders for Shader Model 3/4. This talk led by Ian Romanick called for advanced assembly shader extensions for Mesa, which would greatly benefit some middle-ware projects like Wine and Cedega with Mesa's current state and not having a bolstered GLSL implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shaders are a big issue in Wine. They stop many games from working properly with DX9. The perforamance slow down using DX9 is massive because the current implementation of GLSL just isn't fast enough.
    I want shiny games!

Comment

All this Linux 3D work is amazing I'm really excited for the future of Linux like I haven't been in quite a while.

Go developers!

Comment

How will this affect Nvidia (proprietary driver) users if nvidia supposedly implemented this?

It seems that this is actually almost a copy of an NVIDIA extension that has been made more generic

Comment

Working...
        X