Xorg crashes with SNA enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xorg crashes with SNA enabled

My X crashes every time I try to open the module editor from the Kicad suite's pcbnew layout editor.
    I have narrowed the problem down to SNA. I recompiled the xf86-video-intel driver with both SNA and UXA support (I'm on Funtoo, so USE flags sna and uxa enabled).
    When I change the AccelMethod to "SNA" in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-monitor.conf, my X crashes immediately when I try to launch the module editor.
    When I change the AccelMethod to "UXA", the module editor launches correctly. So I'm forced to use UXA for now, if I want to use Kicad.

I have Intel Core-i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge) CPU and I'm using the integrated HD graphics. (Asus P8Z77-V LE motherboard)
    kernel: 3.6.1-gentoo
    xorg-server: 1.12.4
    libdrm: from git ebuild this morning
    xf86-video-intel: from git ebuild from an hour ago
    (mesa: from git ebuild)

I'm using these commands to compile Kicad version 2011-07-08 from sources
    Code:
    unzip kicad_sources-2011-07-08-BZR3044.zip
    cd kicad_sources-2011-07-08_BZR3044
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DKICAD_KEEPCASE=ON -DKICAD_MINIZIP=OFF -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-m64 -DKICAD_STABLE_VERSION=ON ../
    make
    sudo make install
    The same crash also happens with Kicad version 20120119_p3256 from portage tree.
    (Kicad downloads can be found here: http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/ )

Xorg.0.log.old with some backtrace info:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

emerge --info output:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a somewhat fatal bug in the xf86-video-intel driver when using SNA?
    If you need more information, just ask and maybe explain how I should get that, I'm not an expert on these things.

-matti

you can submit bug report at

Component: driver/Intel

Comment

Working...
    X