Guide to successfully install ATI blobs that actually work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to successfully install ATI blobs that actually work

Sorry if this is a repost. I stumbled on this few minutes ago on a random page.

Can you please ping the site owner and get the ritual updated to include running aticonfig --initial at the end ? Maybe just before you leave the circle
    Test signature

Comment

So you leave the card behind for windose gamers, so that they can take advantage of extra fps gained by amd's tweaking of catalyst AA settings? good...

Comment

All you need for the ritual is a spare fermi card.

Dismount the fan to produce a lot of wind. The other half of the card should quickly burst into fire, leaving a pile of earth. Collect the resulting tears of nvidia fanboys, they're similar to water, but much more potent.

Last but not least, steal some of the spirits those ATI driver developers seem to be hoarding. This step should greatly improve driver quality in the near future.

Comment

I like Micro Black Holes...

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          All you need for the ritual is a spare fermi card.

Dismount the fan to produce a lot of wind. The other half of the card should quickly burst into fire, leaving a pile of earth. Collect the resulting tears of nvidia fanboys, they're similar to water, but much more potent.

Last but not least, steal some of the spirits those ATI driver developers seem to be hoarding. This step should greatly improve driver quality in the near future.

Really nice comment, now, I'm going to play a bit as a fanATIc, because I really love nVid***s ... And to be funny sometimes (a bit of procrastination is also needed ).

My personal guide to create a micro black hole in your bedroom:

1- Put a GF480GTX card in your computer. By the size, it's almost as big as an Airbus A380 or a Jumbo Rocket.

2- Plug the computer on. If he doesn't turn on, buy a 1000W+ PSU to make it work. You'll also have to upgrade your electricity fare or buy/create your own micro-electric energy central.

3- Ok, your computer is turned on. Now, go to the internet and install the latest nVidia drivers. Along with the drivers you need, you'll also install the PhysX core (How many games use PhysiX, btw? ), and the CUDA SDK (if you're a developer). Drivers installed (The only part of nVidia that doesn't seem to overburn your computer).

4- Wait a moment. Is your fan too loud?
          If so, go to the nVidia control panel and manually slow down your fan. If you want to play a game, use some earplugs to avoid hearing the noisy fan working. The main problem you'll have is the fact you're going to get fragged a lot of times (in both cases you use earplugs or not )... Which is typical from nVidia gamers...

5- Finally, congratulations. Due to the massive heat and noise of nVidia cards, you'll might be able to create your own micro black holes in your bedroom. Also, in the winter, if you need some place to keep out of the cold, you can use you GF card as a electronic heater.

Cheers, I really wanted my post to be funny...

p.s.: If you like culinary, you can also fry some eggs or bake your bread for the breakfast. These nVidia cards are ideal for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Can you please ping the site owner and get the ritual updated to include running aticonfig --initial at the end ? Maybe just before you leave the circle
            To fully commit yourself to the dark majick of the ATI blob, you also need to reboot, purging your system of the purity of the FOSS components.

Comment

Working...
            X