X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeonhd AGP4x and some more questions

Good day to all.
    Have some questions about radeonhd driver (1.2.3/1.2.4):
    1 does radeonhd driver use AGP4x ("Using AGP 4x"/"Option "AGPMode" is not used") as a limitation (like 256mb) ?
    2 "Using 16 MB GART aperture" what's mean this line ?
    3 Where can i find some kind of "Option" list for rdeonhd (device section in xorg.conf) ?

Originally posted by Demon View Post
    3 Where can i find some kind of "Option" list for rdeonhd (device section in xorg.conf) ?
    "man radeonhd" should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Demon View Post
      Good day to all.
      Have some questions about radeonhd driver (1.2.3/1.2.4):
      1 does radeonhd driver use AGP4x ("Using AGP 4x"/"Option "AGPMode" is not used") as a limitation (like 256mb) ?
      2 "Using 16 MB GART aperture" what's mean this line ?
      1. dmesg should tell you what it's using (4x was used for my r5xx card, I don't think you can specify like you can with radeon)

2. GART is main mem accessible by GPU AFAIK. Default is 32 for radeon now.

Comparing with my X1600pro AGP card I found that 3D performance was 2/3 that of radeon.

Don't take my work for it though try both - it's possible my lame attempts as using a seperate xorg tree messed things up - I had issues with both with current git xorg, but it was OK in the past

Current radeon also currently has more XV options for tear free rendering and scaling.

Don't take this as a pro radeon anti radeonhd post - I want both to be great, but that's what I saw (past tense because I just put my r6xx card back in).

There are things hd did better than rad - like the ability to switch vt and get a screen when switching back to X. My HD3850 doesn't work at all with current radeon.

Edit - Just tried more recent git and HD3850 does now work with radeon again.
      Last edited by legume; 15 January 2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reply and explanations.
        may be i should try radeon driver

Comment

Working...
        X