Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz Support For Multi-Pointer X

Phoronix: Compiz Support For Multi-Pointer X

In May we shared that Multi-Pointer X (or MPX for short) was entering the mainline X server. While it was merged to master that month, X Server 1.5 was already branched out and therefore it won't appear in X.Org 7.4, but it will appear in X Server 1.6 (X.Org 7.5) until next year. While it's now in the mainline branch, Peter Hutterer, the chief developer of MPX, hasn't stopped there...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm very interested in this whole Mulit-Pointer X stuff and hopefully I can enjoy it in a few month/years without much manual configuration work

Comment

Whee

Hopefully this gets into ubuntu 9.04 or something.

Comment

I just posted this over at forum.compiz-fusion.org in the Core Dvelopment forum. Hopefully someone cares enough to do something with it!

Like I said over there, with the Nvidia system-on-a-chip coming that has been proven to play Quake III and small enough for handheld devices, I see this announcement as a huge boon to Compiz if they (the Core dev's) decide to use it.

Comment

Using X from git-master (which has mpx) + David Reveman's patches for input-redirection. I patched freewins to use IR (though atm it is a rather hack-ish)Unf...

Comment

IR?

Is IR part of the same work ?

Comment

I doubt it - ir was available already. There's a bunch of videos of wii remote + compiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                I doubt it - ir was available already. There's a bunch of videos of wii remote + compiz.
                as patches

Comment

Input Redirection ?

man, I hate acronyms!

Does IR mean Infra-Red in this context or Input Redirection? I thought the latter.

Comment

Working...
                  X