ATi fglrx 8.38.7 Hotfix released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi fglrx 8.38.7 Hotfix released!

Not only Windows XP & Vista, now ATi releases Linux Hotfixes, too! This hotfix is intended to fix:

"Using aticonfig --initial segfaults destroying xorg.conf file when run in X with Vesa driver."

but in the Windows hotfixes it is just the current driver so it is possible that there are more changes.

Can anyone test if these work with Fedora for example?

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Not only Windows XP & Vista, now ATi releases Linux Hotfixes, too! This hotfix is intended to fix:

"Using aticonfig --initial segfaults destroying xorg.conf file when run in X with Vesa driver."

but in the Windows hotfixes it is just the current driver so it is possible that there are more changes.

Can anyone test if these work with Fedora for example?

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/K...estionID=28261
    Fedora 7 support will not appear until 8.39.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

According to some people hell should be frozen right now...

^_^

Comment

Michael,

when you say that Fedora 7 Support will not come until 8.39, then I guess it is already fixed in the Beta. And hotfixes usually don't just fix the bug listed in the Customer Care, but include the current driver (usually 2 days old instead of 14 year old when a new official driver is released), so it is possible that this hotfix already includes the Fedora fix IF this issue is fixed in beta.

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
          According to some people hell should be frozen right now...

^_^
          rofl
          Now wheres that HD2XXX support DAMNIT...

Comment

wow. i wish ati would do more hotfixes like this.

they might consider pushing out xdeltas for people with bandwidth limits in such case.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
              wow. i wish ati would do more hotfixes like this.

they might consider pushing out xdeltas for people with bandwidth limits in such case.
              Maybe your wish comes true. I will keep you updated when a new hotfix gets released (which won't happen before at least one day after 8.39).

But they won't pushing out xdeltas.

Comment

Working...
              X