Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapping The Linux News From GDC 2014

Phoronix: Recapping The Linux News From GDC 2014

Here was the major news last week from the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco as is relevant to Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"... it was great on Android but I can't wait to benchmark it on Linux."

You keep making this slip! Android really, truly is Linux. No qualifications. Period. I guess what you meant was "I can't wait to benchmark it on a desktop operating system." You're a Linux reporter, you should get this right!

Comment

i asked this when there was post about questions. is crytec only doing sdk support on linux or they plan to bring tools too?

Comment

Michael Larabel, you really need a better camera.

Comment

Originally posted by ayandon View Post
          Nah, his camera is fine, but photography isn't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
            "... it was great on Android but I can't wait to benchmark it on Linux."

You keep making this slip! Android really, truly is Linux. No qualifications. Period. I guess what you meant was "I can't wait to benchmark it on a desktop operating system." You're a Linux reporter, you should get this right!
            No, because Linux also isn't an operating system, it's a kernel.

Also, it doesn't have the same philosophy at all and doesn't target the same devices. Don't try to make a comparison between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ayandon View Post
              I have multiple better cameras [http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...em&px=MTYyNDk] but when traveling usually it's not worthwhile to bring them, so like at GDC 2014 I was just using my iPhone.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X