Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weston Gains Support For Using The New XWayland DDX

Phoronix: Weston Gains Support For Using The New XWayland DDX

Wayland's reference compositor Weston now has support for using the new XWayland DDX support that was merged into the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If this is true, does that mean that soon I'll be able to use wayland/weston and run all my x-only programs with XWayland?

Comment

Originally posted by porken View Post
      If this is true, does that mean that soon I'll be able to use wayland/weston and run all my x-only programs with XWayland?
      Yes but you'd need the development version of X11, since weston with these improvements will be released before the X11 1.16 with XWayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        Yes but you'd need the development version of X11, since weston with these improvements will be released before the X11 1.16 with XWayland support.
        Do you know when X11 1.16 will be released then? Or at least, when they're planning to release it?

Comment

Originally posted by porken View Post
          Do you know when X11 1.16 will be released then? Or at least, when they're planning to release it?
          July. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTY1NDU

Wayland and Weston 1.5 will be released this month.

Comment

Going the GLAMOR route might lead to non-optimal hardware utilization on embedded platforms, where designated 2D acceleration hardware sometimes exists in addition to the GPU.

Will it be possible to employ alternative ddx modules (other than glamor) with XWayland? Or is XWayland glamor-only now..

Comment

Working...
            X