Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P5K-E WiFi vs. Gigabyte P35-DS4

Phoronix: ASUS P5K-E WiFi vs. Gigabyte P35-DS4

While all of the rage recently has been around Intel's X38 Express Chipset, there is still plenty of life left in Intel's P35 "Bearlake" Chipset. The Intel P35 is only a few months older, but it contains most of the same features as the flagship X38 aside from the PCI Express 2.0 support and a Hardware Memory Prefetcher. We have previously reviewed Intel P35 motherboards such as the ASUS Blitz Extreme and Gigabyte P35-DS3P, but in this review, we are going back and looking at two more of these Intel Bearlake motherboards. At hand today we have the ASUS P5K-E WiFi and Gigabyte P35-DS4 motherboards, both of which are similar in many respects and use the P35 + ICH9R combination with DDR2 memory.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the article. Can you compare the boards' power consumption? I'd like to know if Asus has managed to overcome the power issue they had at launch.

Comment

terrible review
      i have this motherboard (Asus) and the WiFi does not work!!!
      why would you make such a claim, only to have people buy this Mobo to use with Ubuntu.
      I tried with Ubuntu 7.10 and Ubuntu 8.04, and whilst the Wifi is recognised, and it does connect, you can never stay connected for more than about 20 mins.

i'm guessing you quickly tested it, and then continued on with ethernet.

how careless

Comment

Hardware Memory Prefetcher

PCI Express 2.0 support and a Hardware Memory Prefetcher. We have previously reviewed Intel P35 motherboards such as the ASUS Blitz Extreme and Gigabyte P35-DS3P, but in this review, we are going back and looking at two more of these Intel Bearlake motherboards. At hand today we have the ASUS P5K-E WiFi and Gigabyte P35-DS4 motherboards,

Comment

Working...
        X