Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINE 1.1.3 Released, Four Weeks Of Fixes

Phoronix: WINE 1.1.3 Released, Four Weeks Of Fixes

It's been four weeks since WINE 1.1.2 was released, but arriving today is the latest release in the WINE 1.1 development series. This release incorporates many more crypt32 functions, the start of DirectDraw overlay support, improved support for tables in Richedit, support for NETWM window maximization, many installer fixes, and tweaks for PulseAudio support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PulseAudio support.

Excellent. Maybe I won't have to remove pulseaudio from my 8.10 install in two months.

Come on, skype.......

Comment

Any news for ATI users?

Comment

Wine 1.1.3 breaks at least one fullscreen game: Warcraft III. The window is sized to fit the taskbar and launcher bar, but Warcraft still thinks it has the full screen available to it.

So, stick with 1.0 or 1.1.2 if you do fullscreen gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
          Any news for ATI users?
          Stick with the 8.5 drivers if you want to use Wine. In fact, I recommend most users stick to 8.5 unless the newer drivers have a particular fix you really need, or want to mess around with Crossfire/Overdrive.

Comment

WTH ? Warcraft 3 issues ? I really wanted to try out DOTA
            AND I want to ERAZE my windows partitions PERMANENTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalheadGautham View Post
              WTH ? Warcraft 3 issues ? I really wanted to try out DOTA
              AND I want to ERAZE my windows partitions PERMANENTLY.
              Which is why I'm sticking with Cedega for the moment.. :/ Apparently, Wine and FGLRX won't be a nice combo for a while.

Comment

Why not use PlayOnLinux? You can use the Wine Version that works best with your applications until regressions and bugs are worked out. http://www.playonlinux.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  Why not use PlayOnLinux? You can use the Wine Version that works best with your applications until regressions and bugs are worked out. http://www.playonlinux.com
                  Looks interesting, will try out soon

Comment

Working...
                  X