X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd 1090t and intel 2500k

Hi,

I want to put it simple straight.

This computer is not for gaming or browsing or flashy stuff or for everyday use. This is a strict Corporate system. I will run a SAP Software on this.

I have no idea about the Processors and suitable Motherboards which run Win. Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit Operating System very very well on the machine.

For Processors I have

1. Intel Core i5 2500 or 2500K
    2. AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition or 1100T Black Edition

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROCESSOR WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

For Mother Boards I have

1. Asus P8P67 Mother Board
    2. Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MOTHERBOARD WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

Let me know if You have any suggestion for the Processor/MotherBoard combination.

Quote :

NO GRAPHICS,GAMES,FLASHY STUFF. ONLY ONLY SERIOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER CUM SERVER

RAM for this Machine

1. Kingston 1333 MHz
    2. Corsair 1600 MHz

I'm in India. We do not have 8GB RAM sticks here. So I'm forced to use 4 X 4GB sticks for now. Once I get 8GB sticks then I will upgrade to 32 GB RAM.

Cooling System

Do You have any idea on the Cooling System. or Casing like that of Cooler Master or any Cooling Fans.
    Frankly I do not have any idea.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Masten.

Originally posted by masten12 View Post
    Hi,
    Hi.

NO GRAPHICS,GAMES,FLASHY STUFF. ONLY ONLY SERIOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER CUM SERVER
    Redhat

I have no idea about the Processors and suitable Motherboards which run Win. Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit Operating System very very well on the machine.
    None. Windows is unsupported software. Bye.
    Last edited by crazycheese; 10 February 2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      Hi.

Redhat

None. Windows is unsupported software. Bye.

Do You mean that we cannot install Windows Server 2008 on this Desktop/Computer?
      I did not get You. I'm sorry.

Thanks,
      Masten.

Comment

Do You mean that we cannot install Windows Server 2008 on this Desktop/Computer?

Thanks,
        Masten.
        No, I mean that Microsoft software is UNSUPPORTED software.
        If I remember correctly, you should become 3 free questions when you purchased your windows - but this is all I know. I don?t use Windows at home or in production for >10+ years anymore.

If you want "serious performance" you should speak to RedHat. One of my friends is professional architect - but she uses Linux Mint on workstation for her work - so maybe Linux Mint will be better for you than RedHat Linux.

Comment

Thanks,
          Masten.
          This forum is about Linux and hardware, and we don't provide any support for Windows here.

If you want to use Linux, I'd use the Asus motherboard; here's a good reason why you shouldn't use a Gigabyte board with Linux: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAwMjg

Comment

Working...
          X