Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Mac OS X Goes ZFS

Phoronix News: Apple Mac OS X Goes XFS

While not completely Solaris related, this week Sun's CEO Jonathan Schwartz announced that Apple will be switching to the Solaris ZFS file-system as default for the upcoming "Leopard" version of Mac OS X. Apple will officially anounce the move to ZFS next week during Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference. More information is available at eWeek.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The title type made me think for a minute they were adding XFS support also.

XFS is my current file system of choice for high performance file servers. Plus it works ever so nicely with LVM.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
      The title type made me think for a minute they were adding XFS support also.

XFS is my current file system of choice for high performance file servers. Plus it works ever so nicely with LVM.
      Sorry to get your hopes up. It was a mistype in the title that wasn't corrected before the forums RSS aggregate got a hold of it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X