Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta For Linux

Last night Adobe pushed out their first beta release for Adobe Flash Player 10.1. Alongside the Windows and Mac OS X beta releases was a 32-bit Linux build, but the 64-bit build isn't yet available so those users will need to be use the earlier 64-bit beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ignore vdpau? Stupid, ridiculous adobe.

Comment

I wish flash would just die. Perfect example why web needs to remain as open as possible. Gnash is neat but it's just too much behind adobe's implementation and there for it's basically useless for majority of people.

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/ those demos beat any flash crap anytime. Even ie is supposed supports them well with that "chrome" plugin.

Comment

Well vaapi would be a good option, but then ati really has to work on the driver as opengl output is broken on newer drivers than 9-10 which is not good at all. But that would allow psb devices to use it too - an nvidia via vdpau-video wrapper.

The current state of flash 10.1 is just too unstable. With ati/fglrx card used it crashed very soon only by trying some youtube videos.

Comment

Video should be definitely streamed in more open format.
          I'm tired of flash video sites.
          I have played with "native video" in Firefox, and starting with 3.6 it become completely useful (full screen mode added)
          I'll have to check if it can be accelerated.
          anyway, the experience and quality was much better than Flash.
          I was watching the Big Buck Bunny

smaller 720 and 480 also available at the same place

Comment

lacks a developed standard API that supports H.264 hardware video decoding.
            We all knew that the developers at Adobe are unable to code...
            Now we know that they are even unable tu use google. But here is a Google-link for them. It isn't so hard, is it?

Comment

Nothing new here, Adobe Flashplayer for Linux still sucks, and it probably will forever.

Comment

Adobe didn't provide any Linux video acceleration support at this time because Linux "lacks a developed standard API that supports H.264 hardware video decoding."
                Hey, but we have support for 128 million CPUs! Who needs a developed standard video decode API when you can have support for so many CPUs?

Comment

RealNC, forum rules require you to link to the XKCD comic when you say something like that.

Here you go : http://www.xkcd.org/619/
                  Last edited by bridgman; 17 November 2009, 12:20 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Moronix View Post
                    Ignore vdpau? Stupid, ridiculous adobe.
                    Never mind that, no x86-64? In 2009?

Comment

Working...
                    X