Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVClock 0.8 Beta 3 Released, Fan Fix

Phoronix: NVClock 0.8 Beta 3 Released, Fan Fix

For those impacted by the 100% fan speed bug present in the NVIDIA 169.07 Linux driver, there is now a community fix for this problem. NVClock 0.8 Beta 3 has been released, which (among other changes) addresses this driver bug...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since yesterday in Kanotix repository and will be in next updated Thorhammer iso.

Comment

One thing for sure, Kanotix is damn fast

Any experience with this tool about underclocking a 8800gt for lower idle consumption?

Thanks in advance
      puntarenas

Comment

Great that they bought out a release that can remedy the fan bug in the drivers. The only thing that bugs me when it comes to something like this is that it tends to take off some of the pressure off nvidia for bringing out a true driver fix in a timely manner.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble building it? For no apparent reason on my system it does build, but complains about an Error2 (though the console output is rather cryptic as nothing seems to be out of the ordinary) is causing me to not be able to run nvclock_gtk. Tried building the qt front end, with the same results. As far as I know I've got all necessary dependencies covered for building it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: NVClock 0.8 Beta 3 Released, Fan Fix

For those impacted by the 100% fan speed bug present in the NVIDIA 169.07 Linux driver, there is now a community fix for this problem. NVClock 0.8 Beta 3 has been released, which (among other changes) addresses this driver bug...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjI3MQ
            I download nvclock from CVS, compile it and it doesn't work on my new card (very noisy):

# nvclock -f -F auto
            Error: Your card doesn't support fanspeed adjustments!

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB

Any ideas? new driver (169.09) doesn't work too. Does this means that my card works all time at 100% fan speed?

Comment

Working...
            X