Video playback jitters after suspend with 2.6.33 + radeon + KMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video playback jitters after suspend with 2.6.33 + radeon + KMS

My mobo has a Radeon HD 3200 (RS780) and my CPU is a Phenom II X3. I'm running karmic with 2.6.33-rc4 from lucid and the latest radeon/drm/mesa via xorg-edgers. Prior to an S3 suspend, my system runs great with h/w rendering. glxinfo | grep "renderer string" reports:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RS780 9610) 20090101 TCL DRI2

1080i video playback is as smooth and tear free as I've seen on this system. All 3 cores run at ~25% while mplayer is running. All this while compiz is running too. Its pretty cool to play HD video and spin the cube with near tear free rendering. Awesome so far.

But, after a suspend to RAM, video playback is terribly jittery. Checking the CPU, one of the cores is fully pegged at 100%. It appears that the Xorg process is hogging that core at 98% after awakening from suspend. Stopping gdm and rmmod radeon followed by a restart of gdm will not resolve the problem.

There is nothing obvious in dmesg and I'm at a loss for how to diagnose this issue. I've tried a mix of kernels and xorg-edgers versions over the past month.

Is it late enough in the dev cycle to expect suspend to work correctly in this case?
Working...
X