Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 690G OpenGL video playback is Green & Purple

Hi All,
    Finally I have my 690G based computers up and running with open source drivers and everything is running well. Except video playback from within an OpenGL application. Everything is Green and Purple..
    System is Ubuntu 8.10 alpha 5 using the radeon driver

Using the radeonhd driver the video playback is the correct colours however the performance is so terrible (about 1/10 of radeon) that it's unusable.

Anyone run into this before or have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Is this video playback over a normal monitor (VGA, DVI etc..) or over a TVOut (composite, S-Video, component) ?
    Test signature

Comment

Sounds like a problem in the colorspace conversion. Does it happen with all videos or just certain ones?

...wait what do you mean by "video playback from within an OpenGL application"? Are you using Xv or is GL rendering the video?

Comment

YUV decoding problem.

Comment

Connection is via LVDS, I can try VGA but will have to wait til after the weekend.
          The 'application' is the python libavg framework. Renders everything using openGL sorry I'm not sure on the specific details of how it all works sorry.
          using ffplay works fine I've tested two videos one is mpeg2 the other is an mpeg4 of some variation. I'll check exactly what codecs when I'm near that machine again.

Comment

Originally posted by ovoskeuiks View Post
            Connection is via LVDS, I can try VGA but will have to wait til after the weekend.
            The output doesn't matter.

Originally posted by ovoskeuiks View Post
            The 'application' is the python libavg framework. Renders everything using openGL sorry I'm not sure on the specific details of how it all works sorry.
            using ffplay works fine I've tested two videos one is mpeg2 the other is an mpeg4 of some variation. I'll check exactly what codecs when I'm near that machine again.
            If ffplay uses Xv and it works, I'm guessing it's a problem with the GL code in libavg or the r300 3D driver.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              If ffplay uses Xv and it works, I'm guessing it's a problem with the GL code in libavg or the r300 3D driver.
              Is the r300 3D driver common to both radeon and radeonhd? The radeonhd works but with terrible performance, so would that point to it being something in the implementation of the radeon driver?

Comment

The 3D and DRM drivers are common between radeon and radeonhd, although 3D was only fully integrated into radeonhd relatively recently. One possibility is that radeonhd was falling back to software rendering for some reason -- "works but terribly slow" is another way of saying "software rendering"

Could you pastebin a log with radeonhd ?
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  The 3D and DRM drivers are common between radeon and radeonhd, although 3D was only fully integrated into radeonhd relatively recently. One possibility is that radeonhd was falling back to software rendering for some reason -- "works but terribly slow" is another way of saying "software rendering"

I can but I'm away at a Tangi for the next few days will post it when I'm back in front of that machine.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

This is using radeonhd with the xorg.conf options specified in the installing open-source drivers thread in this forum. Uncommenting the DRI option gives a Warning saying Option DRI is not used

xorg.conf
                    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Xorg.0.log
                    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

glxinfo

glxgears performance with this is about 120 FPS as oppose to around 800 with ati-radeon

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X