sqlite3 failed to install on ubuntu 11.04 and cent os 5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sqlite3 failed to install on ubuntu 11.04 and cent os 5.5

sqlite3 fails to install while running phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk on both cent os 5.5 and ubuntu 11.10.

It fails with the following error.

"3.7.3\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"sqlite 3.7.3\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://www.sqlite.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"sqlite\" -DVERSION=\"3.7.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_FDATASYNC=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_READLINE=1 -I. -I. -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -g -O2 -MT sqlite3.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sqlite3.Tpo -c sqlite3.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sqlite3.o
    gcc: 3.7.3": No such file or directory
    make: *** [sqlite3.lo] Error 1

The funny thing is that if I copy install.sh from test-profiles/sqlite-1.8.0/ to installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0/ and run it, it compiles fine, however when I try to install the test via
    phoronix-test-suite install pts/sqlite-1.8.0, it fails with the error above. Is it related to the script below?

#!/bin/sh

tar -zxvf pts-sqlite-tests-1.tar.gz
    tar -zxvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz

mkdir sqlite_/

cd sqlite-3.7.3/
    ./configure --prefix=sqlite_/
    make
    echo $? > ~/install-exit-status
    make install
    cd ..
    rm -rf sqlite-3.7.3/
    rm -rf sqlite_/lib/

echo "#!/bin/sh

Moussa

Anybody experienced this?

Comment

Confirming something similar happening in CentOS 6.2.

Code:
      gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"sqlite\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"sqlite\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.7.3\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"sqlite 3.7.3\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://www.sqlite.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"sqlite\" -DVERSION=\"3.7.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_FDATASYNC=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -I. -I. -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -g -O2 -MT sqlite3.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sqlite3.Tpo -c sqlite3.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sqlite3.o
      <command-line>: warning: missing terminating " character

Comment

Originally posted by fulatoro View Post
        sqlite3 fails to install while running phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk on both cent os 5.5 and ubuntu 11.10.

It fails with the following error.

"3.7.3\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"sqlite 3.7.3\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://www.sqlite.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"sqlite\" -DVERSION=\"3.7.3\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_FDATASYNC=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_READLINE=1 -I. -I. -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -g -O2 -MT sqlite3.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sqlite3.Tpo -c sqlite3.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sqlite3.o

The funny thing is that if I copy install.sh from test-profiles/sqlite-1.8.0/ to installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0/ and run it, it compiles fine, however when I try to install the test via
        phoronix-test-suite install pts/sqlite-1.8.0, it fails with the error above. Is it related to the script below?

#!/bin/sh

tar -zxvf pts-sqlite-tests-1.tar.gz
        tar -zxvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz

mkdir sqlite_/

cd sqlite-3.7.3/
        ./configure --prefix=sqlite_/
        make
        echo $? > ~/install-exit-status
        make install
        cd ..
        rm -rf sqlite-3.7.3/
        rm -rf sqlite_/lib/

echo "#!/bin/sh

Moussa
        Looks like a typo in the source code.
        note the quote mark by gcc version - I believe it shouldn't be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
          Looks like a typo in the source code. note the quote mark by gcc version - I believe it shouldn't be there.
          Looks rather like a typo in makefile. The problem is no makefile is left when compilation aborts, and I see no simple obvious ways to handle this problem.

Is it possible to build the required SQLite manually, so that phoronix could find and run the executable?

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue and was wondering if this thread was ever resolved? Has anyone been able to get sqlite installation to work?

I'm currently running Debian 6.04 64bit (but also tried 32bit with the same error).

Comment

Seeing the same issue with 12.04 ,

then mv -f ".deps/sqlite3.Tpo" ".deps/sqlite3.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/sqlite3.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
              gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"sqlite\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"sqlite\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.7.3\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"sqlite 3.7.3\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://www.sqlite.org\" -DPACKAGE=\"sqlite\" -DVERSION=\"3.7.3\" -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_FDATASYNC=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -I. -I. -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -g -O2 -MT sqlite3.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sqlite3.Tpo -c sqlite3.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sqlite3.o
              gcc: error: 3.7.3": No such file or directory
              currently copied the install.sh

~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/sqlite-1.8.0$ cp install.sh ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0/

and running install.sh inside ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0/ here the install works , but PTS framework still doesnt recognize SQLite as installed

Comment

I see other similar failures like the below gcc: error: 4.41.0": No such file or directory

gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"wavpack\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"wavpack\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"4.41.0\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"wavpack 4.41.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email protected]\" -DLIBWAVPACK_MAJOR=4 -DLIBWAVPACK_MINOR=41 -DLIBWAVPACK_MICRO=0 -DLIBWAVPACK_VERSION_STRING=\"4.41.0\" -DVERSION_OS=\"Linux\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_LIBM=1 -I. -I. -g -O2 -MT libwavpack_la-wputils.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libwavpack_la-wputils.Tpo -c wputils.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libwavpack_la-wputils.o
                gcc: error: 4.41.0": No such file or directory
                make[1]: *** [libwavpack_la-wputils.lo] Error 1
                And if I manually copy the install.sh and run it , it compiles fine .

The below tests are the ones I am having issues with installing

- pts/encode-wavpack-1.2.0
                - pts/espeak-1.3.0
                - pts/juliagpu-1.2.0
                - pts/lammps-1.0.0
                - pts/mandelbulbgpu-1.2.0
                - pts/mandelgpu-1.2.0
                - pts/qgears2-1.0.1
                - pts/qvdpautest-1.0.0
                - pts/scimark2-1.1.1
                - pts/smallpt-gpu-1.2.0
                - pts/sqlite-1.8.0
                - pts/systester-1.0.0
                - pts/ttsiod-renderer-1.3.0

Comment

I fixed it

There is a bug in the configure script. To fix it, I did this:

Code:
                  cd ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0
                  tar -xzvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz
                  cd sqlite-3.7.3
                  vim configure
                  search for "sqlite", and at around line 750 you will find a block that looks like:

Code:
                  # Identity of this package.
                  PACKAGE_NAME='sqlite'
                  PACKAGE_TARNAME='sqlite'
                  PACKAGE_VERSION='3.7.3'
                  PACKAGE_STRING='sqlite 3.7.3'
                  PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='http://www.sqlite.org'
                  change all the ' to " and remove the space in "PACKAGE_STRING='sqlite 3.7.3'" to make it look like PACKAGE_STRING="sqlite-3.7.3"
                  save the file

then, tar it back up:

Code:
                  cd ../
                  tar -zcvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz sqlite-3.7.3
                  and re-run
                  Code:
                  phoronix-test-suite install sqlite

and you should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by nfina View Post
                    There is a bug in the configure script. To fix it, I did this:

Code:
                    cd ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sqlite-1.8.0
                    tar -xzvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz
                    cd sqlite-3.7.3
                    vim configure
                    search for "sqlite", and at around line 750 you will find a block that looks like:

Code:
                    # Identity of this package.
                    PACKAGE_NAME='sqlite'
                    PACKAGE_TARNAME='sqlite'
                    PACKAGE_VERSION='3.7.3'
                    PACKAGE_STRING='sqlite 3.7.3'
                    PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='http://www.sqlite.org'
                    change all the ' to " and remove the space in "PACKAGE_STRING='sqlite 3.7.3'" to make it look like PACKAGE_STRING="sqlite-3.7.3"
                    save the file

then, tar it back up:

Code:
                    cd ../
                    tar -zcvf sqlite-amalgamation-3.7.3.tar.gz sqlite-3.7.3
                    and re-run
                    Code:
                    phoronix-test-suite install sqlite

and you should be good to go
                    @nfina: Thanks! that compiles like charm but doesn't run properly. I get the following error:

Code:
                    SQLite 3.7.3:
                        pts/sqlite-1.8.0 [Test Target: Default Test Directory]
                        Test 1 of 1
                        Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                        Estimated Time To Completion: 17 Minutes
                            Running Pre-Test Script @ 15:56:30
                            Started Run 1 @ 15:56:30
                            The test run did not produce a result.
                            Running Interim Test Script @ 15:56:32
                            Started Run 2 @ 15:56:34
                            Running Interim Test Script @ 15:56:34
                            Started Run 3 @ 15:56:36
                            Running Post-Test Script @ 15:56:36

Test Results:

Average: 0 Seconds
                        This test failed to run properly.

The following tests failed to properly run:

- pts/sqlite-1.8.0: Test Target: Default Test Directory
                    Did you get this error? If so do you know how to0 fix this? Thanks!
                    Last edited by sunny; 03 July 2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X