Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gallium3D Driver That Few Know About

Phoronix: The Gallium3D Driver That Few Know About

Last night it was reported on VirtualBox not being convinced about Gallium3D and what it could provide its virtualization stack not only in terms of better OpenGL acceleration for the guest virtual machines, but also for accelerating other APIs like OpenVG and OpenCL. This is coming a year after VMware rolled out its own Gallium3D driver (called "SVGA") that allowed Gallium3D to work on its virtualization platform. But there's also another virtualized Gallium3D driver out there...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That would be very interesting. Do you know why it wasn't advertised?

Comment

The new logo should be...

Oracle, where open source projects go to die.

Comment

Originally posted by gsacks View Post
        LOL. England where freedom and liberty goes to die as well.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          That would be very interesting. Do you know why it wasn't advertised?
          Heh... It was, after a fashion, apparently- but since the people doing the OpenTC project were less interested in what might be a gem for 3D support, they probably didn't think to announce it.

On a differing note, I believe I might have found a copy of the source for the implementation and I'm reviewing it right now while I'm waiting for a compile to complete for the day job work:

http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...SUSE_11.2/src/ The file's the one named "xorg-x11-server-vgallium-extension-devel-1.0-5.1.src.rpm". It contains a bzip2 tarball within it that is labeled "opentc-repo-snapshot.tar.bz2" that contains a Mesa3D source tree within it. I'll know in a little bit if I've found it.

Comment

Originally posted by gsacks View Post
            +1

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by xeros View Post
              +1

Well said.
              Heh... I wasn't going to go there, but...

Comment

I wrote this. Whilst it was just a 3-month thing a few years ago and it isn't maintained, the code is free for the taking at:

Comment

Working...
                X