Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's UXA 2D Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Intel's UXA 2D Performance Improvements

In this month's AMD Catalyst 10.6 driver update for Linux they rolled out the ATI 2D Acceleration Architecture, which pleased many ATI Radeon customers, but they aren't the only ones working towards improved 2D support. Intel's open-source engineers have been working to optimize their xf86-video-intel DDX driver 2D performance with much of this work being clearly shown in the Intel 2.12 X.Org driver update. Here are some benchmarks showing the significant performance gains brought by this open-source Intel driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thats quite nice.

But I would appreciate it if they would work some more on a stable working driver.
    In recent time I had to much graphical glitches and screen Lockups.

to me it seems they release a driver every quarter but there's only a stable version every 3 quarters.

Comment

Subjectively, the 2.11 driver seems to be faster than the 2.9 driver (at least with KDE).

Comment

Any faster in Nexuiz?

I hope for better out put display also, if i play Nexuiz about 20min i get beige colors on top of display then i stop and need couple resets and cooling down to get back to normal.

Comment

It's nice to see some performance improvements are coming!

Michael, I would very much like see some benchmarks of the GMA HD VA-API acceleration that has supposedly gone into this release, is this coming soon?

Comment

Intel is no doubt a better company and always server high quality product.I really like Intel company very much.

Translation company directories, Translation interpreter, Translation directories, Translation agency from translationtrudy dot com

Comment

Working...
            X