Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beryl/Fusion with an Nvidia 7900 GTX 512

Greetings everyone,

I recently escaped the ATI-torment and bought a Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX with 512MB RAM. I've read several threads about Nvidia's drivers on Linux and it seems I won't get into that much trouble, as long as I don't encounter any black screens of death.

The graphics card is an ASUS EN7900GTX/2DHT, to be exact. Now I am waiting for the card to be delivered, which will take about 3-4 days.

Does anyone on this forum use such a card and tell me if I'll be happy with the fancy desktop-graphics provided by Beryl/Compiz Fusion without my system getting as unstable as it is right now with my X800 GTO using the free r300-driver?

All the native games like Quake 4, Doom 3 and UT2004 will be performing well with a resolution of 1680x1050, I hope?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait to plug it in!

Oh, and if it helps: I'm running Fedora 7 on a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (which will be upgraded to a X2 4200+ in a few weeks) with 1024MB of RAM (that will also be upgraded) on a ASUS A8N-E-Mainboard.

The NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX can handle Beryl/Compiz/Compiz Fusion very well. You should also be able to play those mentioned games at that resolution with no troubles.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X