Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.1.24 Released With New Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.1.24 Released With New Improvements

A new development release of Wine is now available with a few prominent additions. Wine 1.1.24 introduces support for FreeDesktop.org file associations, support for 64-bit exception handling, improved ARB shaders, fixes for the FBO mode, and many ListView improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The ARB shader improvements and fixes to the Frame Buffer Object mode are exciting, from the graphics perspective.
    I hope they'll bring more stability to the games, because starting the game on Linux insn't all when after 5 min you run out of memory because of memory leaks.

Comment

What games are those? And what graphics drivers are you using?

I haven't noticed much leaking with the games I play. Although I've suspected some leaks playing World of Warcraft, I'm never really sure if it's WoW or Wine. My other games don't seem to leak much but I never find myself checking my system's memory unless playing WoW.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        What games are those? And what graphics drivers are you using?

I haven't noticed much leaking with the games I play. Although I've suspected some leaks playing World of Warcraft, I'm never really sure if it's WoW or Wine. My other games don't seem to leak much but I never find myself checking my system's memory unless playing WoW.
        Graphic drivers 185.18.14 on GF 9xxx

There is a long list of those games: Gothic 3, Fallout 3, The Sims 3, Bioshock, Battlefield 2, Crysis, and who knows what other titles.

Comment

How's ATI support coming along?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
              Graphic drivers 185.18.14 on GF 9xxx

There is a long list of those games: Gothic 3, Fallout 3, The Sims 3, Bioshock, Battlefield 2, Crysis, and who knows what other titles.
              Going by that list of games, you're probably suffering from http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13335 (but you know that, you posted there). That bug is pretty hard to fix properly, but it's certainly a priority.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              How's ATI support coming along?
              Improving, Catalyst 9.6 seems to work quite a bit better for most people. On our side, we currently avoid the bug where attaching certain texture formats to an FBO crashes fglrx.

The ARB shader improvements are mainly useful for platforms with broken GLSL support, like OS X. It's unlikely we'll switch the default from GLSL on Linux.

Comment

Working...
              X