Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drm-fixes-3.11 with 3.10 stable kernel patch/repo

Hi guys,

for those of you who want to use the latest drm stuff with the stable 3.10 kernel (e.g. creating a patch against it)

I created a repo and share the link here for your convenience:

Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to kernelOfTruth/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

it's basically Linus' repo cloned, checkout into 3.10 commit, then "git merge drm-fixes-3.11"

at least for me that way it's easier to keep my kernel up-to-date and use the 3.10 stable base rather than 3.10-rc7 ...

*) for creating a patch: git diff 8bb495e3f02401ee6f76d1b1d77f3ac9f079e376 af9868bb03071028d44255eb369f8bd55230e6bf > ../drm-fixes-3.11_07-17-2013.patch

*) or simply using the kernel

the latest patch is from 32 hours ago "radeon kms: do not flush uninitialized hotplug work"

subsequent patches / the repo can be found at: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/l...drm-fixes-3.11

if the demand is there I can upload the created patch

just post a hoster where I can upload it to (pastebin or github's gist would hang for a long time due to the size of 4275528 bytes (4.3 MB !))

don't forget to update to latest firmware when using the new driver with up-to-date powermanagement

updated

seems like lots of the trouble with the new dpm driver is caused by gcc 4.8 / 4.8.1 (which I also experienced)

probably will try it out in the weekend again and see whether everything works now - including suspend & resume

great job, thanks @Alex Deucher and everyone who contributed changes & fixes

Comment

and updated again:

now with a new branch - this approach works better:

Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to kernelOfTruth/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

resuming (at least once) from suspend-to-ram now seems to work after the latest changes

note if you're trying out that kernel that it's only tailored toward desktop radeon card usage - the intel drm driver is NOT up-to-date in that repo and missing some recent commits

so if you're using a laptop with intel graphics (e.g. Intel HD 4000 + a Mobile Radeon GPU) you should better try out 3.11-rc* kernels or add the missing commits via git cherry-pick

enjoy

Comment

updated again at

so resuming from suspend-to-ram really seems to work more reliably

last time it only would rarely work reliably (still gpu lock & massive slow-downs)

now upon first try it worked fine

will give it more testing - *fingers crossed*

Comment

updated

for troubleshooting:

disable UVD via radeon.no_uvd=1

if that helps please notify the developers that UVD is the cause of (potential) suspend/resume issues

that those can be fixed

Comment

Working...
          X