Apache Benchmark: 32 vs 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Benchmark: 32 vs 64

This test result shows that 32 bit Ubuntu is better for static web page serving through Apache:
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

(Look at bottom of the pages)

But this one shows 64 bit is better:
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the cause of different results? Is it 1GB and 4GB RAMs?

Also, won't 64 bit take more space in CPU's cache and thus decrease the web-page serving performance?

It can't be because of RAM because in the second link (the 4GB, year 2009) the 32-bit PAE is having the same performance as 32-bit non-PAE.

I found another test done in 2012:

In 2012,the difference is not large and 64-bit is giving better performance than 32, and 32-PAE is giving slightly better than 64.

Why / How ?

I'm thinking all this because I want to understand 32 bit vs 64 bit, because I've to choose that whether my next OS should be 32-PAE or 64.

Comment

Working...
    X