No announcement yet.

Flashplayer - is it possible to vsync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashplayer - is it possible to vsync?

Can I somehow enable vsync for flashplayer? I tried compiz, but its vsync is broken no matter what I used - drivers or compiz option.

You get VSync in everything (not just Flash) if you use DRI2.

Comment

that wasn't really helpful, what is dri2?

Comment

DRI2 is an protocol used between components in most of the open source driver stacks when running with Kernel Modesetting (KMS) enabled. Since you posted in this forum I'm guessing you are actually asking about the Catalyst driver rather than the open source driver, is that correct ?
        Test signature

Comment

Technical support and discussion of the ATI/AMD proprietary Linux driver.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Comment

Sarcasm is a poor choice of communication protocols when talking to god.

Comment

fglrx has issues with tearing on the desktop/and in video right now. You can try setting vsync to always on in CCC but It might not work.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                fglrx has issues with tearing on the desktop/and in video right now. You can try setting vsync to always on in CCC but It might not work.
                exactly, it doesn't work. that's why the forum post.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the fact that this is the fglrx section :P

I don't know if it's possible to have VSync in Flash with that driver. My guess is that there's no way.

Comment

Working...
                  X