Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vega State Tracker Gets Cleaned, OpenVG 1.1

Phoronix: The Vega State Tracker Gets Cleaned, OpenVG 1.1

Chia-I Wu, the developer who previously worked on the EGL state tracker, brought Mesa to Android netbooks, and allowed Nouveau to work on Wayland (and now is doing work for LunarG), has some improvements to the Vega state tracker. Namely he has cleaned up this Gallium3D state tracker for Mesa and additionally has a branch containing OpenVG 1.1 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice

I wonder if mesa's vega developers are aware of shive renderer

Vector graphic algorithms on CPU are more or less reaching their limits and the only hope to get software like Adobe Illustrator speeded up ...

How they compare, maybe can be incorporated into mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
      I wonder if mesa's vega developers are aware of shive renderer

Vector graphic algorithms on CPU are more or less reaching their limits and the only hope to get software like Adobe Illustrator speeded up ...

How they compare, maybe can be incorporated into mesa?
      The base libShiva is not at all relevant. It's an abandoned, pure-software, scene-graph renderer vs a modern hardware-accelerated Gallium renderer based on an open and standardized API. ShivaVG is more interesting (although wrapping OpenGL vs calling to Gallium3D directly is not ideal), but I can't for the life of me find a source download link for ShivaVG, just that one article you linked talking about it. Maybe I'm just blind and you can find a download or even a repository link for ShivaVG.

Comment

Here's the link I followed for the last ShivaVG

Also following the comments one guy Ross wrote a C# wrapper if your interested both links on his blog
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Maybe Gallium3D should be renamed to just Gallium, or some other better name, as it is not only about 3D anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
            Thanks.

Looks a bit out-dated, possibly already well behind Vega. It's also LGPL and so not at all suitable for Mesa/Gallium which prefers more permissive licenses.

Comment

shivavg opengl

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
              Yes this one. I have been testing this half year ago with some demos (animations), and it was very fast and smooth on my radeon M22 (Mobility X300). Of course having such functionality in gallium directly should even inprove performace, but last i tested OpenVG/vega in gallium, it wasn't very good. (btw. but actually there are also no animated demos in mesa for OpenVG).

Comment

The OpenVG state tracker can only be used with EGL, can't it?

Comment

Working...
                X