Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xamarin 2.0, Their New Code IDE Is Not For Linux

Phoronix: Xamarin 2.0, Their New Code IDE Is Not For Linux

Xamarin, the company founded by Nat Friedman and Miguel de Icaza for driving the development of Mono, has introduced a new Integrated Development Environment (IDE). They have also introduced a Component Store and made other changes for what they are calling Xamarin 2.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And this is "Linux hardware reviews, benchmarking, and gmaing"...how!?

Might as well start posting news about new releases of Garageband and Internet Explorer while you're at it, Michael!

Seriously, why is Miguel De Icaza still on the GNOME team? Besides the glaringly obvious conflict of interest and all-round horrible decisions, he's clearly on the front lines of Microsoft's old Triple-E (Embrace, Extend, Extinguish) tactic, and is no doubt receiving money to do so from MS themselves.

Comment

Who cares about this moron Icaza? Xamarin is dead to Linux. I would like to know why gnome didn't kick this moron from the planet gnome, yet? It's strange and suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
        Might as well start posting news about new releases of Garageband and Internet Explorer while you're at it, Michael!

Seriously, why is Miguel De Icaza still on the GNOME team? Besides the glaringly obvious conflict of interest and all-round horrible decisions, he's clearly on the front lines of Microsoft's old Triple-E (Embrace, Extend, Extinguish) tactic, and is no doubt receiving money to do so from MS themselves.
        Indeed. Thank god Gnome didn't follow the Mono. De Icaza and Mono had become Microsoft's Trojan horse and they do indeed receive $ from Microsoft. According to M$ ?Every piece of code written to our standards is a small victory?

Comment

and then there's Qt5

With Qt 5.1 there will be Qt for both Android and iOS so Mono can go and .... themselves together with all other MS stuff. Too bad cause actually C# isn't that bad a a language but ... oh well. With Qt I've found that C++ is pretty fun too.

Comment

Xamarin has apparently a market segment there they can be profitable. Good for them!
            Most people probably thought mono should be dead at this point after Novell ended their support.

I think its kinda funny its apparently exist a demand to do net development for iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
              With Qt 5.1 there will be Qt for both Android and iOS so Mono can go and .... themselves together with all other MS stuff. Too bad cause actually C# isn't that bad a a language but ... oh well. With Qt I've found that C++ is pretty fun too.
              Also, writing qml interfaces to fit on every device I target is much less painful than doing Mono's GTK# nonsense. I think this basically spells the "go fuck yourself Mono" nail in the coffin of any interest I had in it.

Though C# is a nice language. Much nicer than Java at least, in that "tons of LoC for no purpose other than to make programs look big" camp of static bytecode languages.

Comment

It's a shame because C# is a lot more enjoyable to work with than Java.
                Well, C++11 is pretty good and brought a lot of high-level features that I enjoy(ed) in C# at least.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                  Also, writing qml interfaces to fit on every device I target is much less painful than doing Mono's GTK# nonsense. I think this basically spells the "go fuck yourself Mono" nail in the coffin of any interest I had in it.

Though C# is a nice language. Much nicer than Java at least, in that "tons of LoC for no purpose other than to make programs look big" camp of static bytecode languages.

What is a "static bytecode language"? The only thing that is static is a compiler. If i write a C++ program i can staticaly compile it for x86 for example, or i can compile it with LLVM if i have a C++ front-end for LLVM and the binary will be equaly fast wile halfe the size.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                    It's a shame because C# is a lot more enjoyable to work with than Java.
                    Well, C++11 is pretty good and brought a lot of high-level features that I enjoy(ed) in C# at least.
                    also, look into: D + MonoD or Vala

Comment

Working...
                    X