Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Game Comes To Linux And It's Not A FPS

Phoronix: A New Game Comes To Linux And It's Not A FPS

While quality native Linux games are rather in short supply, those that do end up coming out of the professional game studios end up being first-person shooters, just look at Doom 3, Quake 4, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Cold War, Unreal Tournament 2004, etc. Even on the open-source side there are many first-person shooters from Nexuiz to Warsow to many others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Come on, for god's sake. Not again such a "mini game".

Comment

I prefer Dragon Age: Origins :P

Comment

Good.
        There is a player for every game.
        more available (games), more happy people.
        I don't like to reboot for "just to play some game".
        I hope that some day i'll not have to do it anymore (not because i quit gaming or switched to console)

Comment

Now what really lacks on linux is a AAAA race simulator, some kind of "racedriver grid" or "gran turismo"...

Comment

Not another FPS?! What the...

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
              Now what really lacks on linux is a AAAA race simulator, some kind of "racedriver grid" or "gran turismo"...
              Exactly, I'd love to play some good racing game on Linux.

Comment

I get:
                $ quantz
                quantz: radeon_mipmap_tree.c:117: compute_tex_image_offset: Assertion `lvl->size > 0' failed.
                Aborted
                $
                when I click on the "symbol" to start the game or if I want to skip intro by clicking the mouse. Kubuntu 9.10, ATI Radeon 9600 AGP 256MB - open source radeon driver version 6.12.99+git20090929.7968e1fb-0ubuntu1.

Anyone knows where to report this bug?

Comment

sounds good and looks interesting. unfortunately there's no amd64-build available, and the x86-build require a libxcb.so.1 which appears to be not included in gentoos emul-linux-x86-xlibs.

Comment

Sound is not always working here and when i use keytouch to change volume while in game i can not end it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X