Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support For The X.Org State Tracker In R300g Killed

Phoronix: Support For The X.Org State Tracker In R300g Killed

The X.Org state tracker target, which allows for providing basic 2D/EXA acceleration with the X.Org Server over GPU shaders using a generic Gallium3D state tracker, is no longer supported by the R300 Gallium3D driver. Support has been eliminated and the X.Org state tracker targets for other Gallium3D drivers might also be dropped...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

From the article I didn't understand why a state tracker is needed and what's the loss (to normal desktop users) if it isn't available.

Comment

do xorg drivers work with wayland?

Comment

Please don't write more half backed articles, without proper explaining of the mentioned topics...

Comment

The xorg statetracker is an optional ddx that uses gallium to implement EXA. It can be used as an alternative to xf86-video-ati.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            From the article I didn't understand why a state tracker is needed and what's the loss (to normal desktop users) if it isn't available.
            It's not needed, the driver has multiple 2D paths, one that never got to a state of production quality or saw real usage has now been droped. What is lot is an interesting (and experimental) way of doing 2D, but it has no impact on the regulare desktop. I don't think it has to for it to be worthy of an article either.

Comment

Working...
            X