Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out The Nouveau Driver Rewrite

Phoronix: Trying Out The Nouveau Driver Rewrite

While Linux 3.7-rc1 hasn't even been released yet as the merge window is still open, the Linux 3.7 kernel is exciting and users of the open-source Nouveau driver will be greeted by the Nouveau DRM driver rewrite / code restructuring. Due to the invasive Nouveau work, some early Nouveau tests under the Linux 3.7 kernel were carried out. The 3.7 results were then compared to the earlier Linux 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 kernel releases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone know if these bugs have been fixed with new drivers?:

Other questions.
    I've been trying to compile the new "mesa" and nouveau 3D drivers. In some guides I've seen is used the next option: "--disable-vdpau"
    Currently, what about vdpau and nouveau? Still can not use vdpau?
    Last edited by YAFU; 06 October 2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Yup. Status: new usually means they have been fixed

Comment

:
        Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What I was really asking is if with that thing of "rewriting" perhaps accidentally had solved these problems (or these problems never exist in the new code)

Comment

wasn't this rewrite to lower cpu/memory usage ?
          if so then running tests on a heavily gpu limited system should bear only minimal performance improvements (mostly due to better timing)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Do you have a reference for that?

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
            :

What I was really asking is if with that thing of "rewriting" perhaps accidentally had solved these problems (or these problems never exist in the new code)
            The only way to know is to test it. Until someone tests it, no one knows any more about this than you do now.

Comment

Working...
            X