Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Joystick Driver Support Has Been Improving

Phoronix: X.Org Joystick Driver Support Has Been Improving

This morning there was a talk at XDC2012 about the not often spoken of xf86-input-joystick driver for providing enhanced joystick device support on X.Org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

meh

latex beamer - how lovely!

Comment

Force feedback

Does it support force feedback?

Also, if I have a joystick, how do I make it work?
      Let's say its a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi joystick.
      Does it use a general driver or protocol, or does it need a custom driver or daemon or server?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Does it support force feedback?

Also, if I have a joystick, how do I make it work?
        Let's say its a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi joystick.
        Does it use a general driver or protocol, or does it need a custom driver or daemon or server?
        It does.

I have written a program to enumerate amd configure usb joysticks on Linux. It does not not support force feedback - sorry.
        Basically it uses the js device files to interface with the usb joysticks.
        It also employs Qt and a bit of C++11, oh and threading.

My purpose was to learn a bit of Qt, C++11 and threading, not to mention Linux, and to have a useful bit of software on my machine to calibrate my joysticks. It can save and load joystick configuration data.

Yes, the code is not brilliant and being a hypocritical software engineer, it is not well documented.

I hope you may find it instructive.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbjoysticks

Comment

Working...
        X