Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Benchmarks Lack Change On Mesa 9.2

Phoronix: Nouveau Benchmarks Lack Change On Mesa 9.2

Phoronix benchmarks have already shown that Mesa 9.2 dramatically improves the Intel Haswell Linux experience and that there's even some performance gains for other intel GPUs. On the AMD Radeon side, Mesa 9.2 also improves the performance for AMD hardware. How does Mesa 9.2 change the game for the Nouveau driver with NVIDIA graphics hardware? Here's some new results looking at the Mesa 9.1 vs. Mesa 9.2 performance for Nouveau, the reverse-engineered open-source NVIDIA graphics driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I thought Nouveau's terrible performance was related to it not clocking any of the cards correctly?
    I doubt a new mesa version will fix much like say, on radeon.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      I thought Nouveau's terrible performance was related to it not clocking any of the cards correctly?
      I doubt a new mesa version will fix much like say, on radeon.
      It can clock some cards correctly, but not the Fermi/Kepler ones.

Comment

kernel 3.0.8??

can t understand this benchmark

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
          can t understand this benchmark
          It clearly says 3.8 at the bottom of the first page
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
          X