Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AntiMicro 2.6 Yields Greater Compatibility For Gamepads On Linux

Phoronix: AntiMicro 2.6 Yields Greater Compatibility For Gamepads On Linux

Released this week was a new update to AntiMicro, the GUI program for mapping keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad, which is useful for games without any gamepad (or inadequate) support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting - reminds me of a piece of software I wrote some time ago, in Python, which does a similar thing but on a lower level, without GUI:

Comment

Cool, I might have to check this out. I've used xpadder in the past, but the last time I checked, it had been abandoned and wasn't being updated at all. Nice to see a version that is under active development.

Comment

Tried to make a post before, but I think it failed. Project reminds me of similar software that I wrote, which does not depend on X libraries and purely the linux input and uinput api. Also works over the network, which makes for quite some interesting setups:

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
          Cool, I might have to check this out. I've used xpadder in the past, but the last time I checked, it had been abandoned and wasn't being updated at all. Nice to see a version that is under active development.
          IIRC, xpadder in Windows isn't abandoned, it just isn't free anymore.

I might consider trying this out too. I have a DS4 and ds4drv seems to cause more problems than it fixes, so this'll be worth trying.

Comment

It's a great program. The dev is very responsive and does a lot of the packaging himself.

I've found myself using antimicro on days I want to laze on a couch with a controller rather than using the mouse and keyboard in a chair.... great for minecraft.

Comment

Just noticed a bug in Logitech's 'Cordless Rumblepad II' drivers while testing this. *pfffff* now I have to find out where to report it.

Comment

Working...
              X