Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Guide To Hacking With EGL & KMS

Phoronix: A Guide To Hacking With EGL & KMS

There's long been a desire to have a KMS-based console program that can tie in with OpenGL, but none of the active DRM developers have yet to get around to writing such a "kmscon" program. However, Jesse Barnes has written a fairly in-depth guide for anyone wishing to write a standalone program using EGL and KMS with OpenGL. As Jesse says, "just in case anyone wants to port the VTE widget and give me my VTs on a cube."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

none of the active DRM developers have yet to get around to
    My brain just rebooted trying to parse that sentence..

Comment

Oh god, you have no idea how much this articles make me want to see my BY's in a cube without X. Yeah it has zero practical used, but neither does the compiz desktop cube.

That said has any of the dev's worked on making fbcon compatible with fbset. I thought kms was supossed to make mode switching better and yet you still need x to do it. Nor can you make your VT mutli monitor which seems like a useful feature to me, being able to see more of the scrollback on a separate screen.

Comment

Working...
      X