Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon increases price after I already finalized my order and puts my order on hold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon increases price after I already finalized my order and puts my order on hold.

I bought one of these on Sunday.

It was $119.99 when I checked out.

Two days later, the price of the same item jumps to $136.99 and my order is still listed as Shipping Soon. The price on my invoice hasn't changed.

This was added to the item page after I paid.
    "Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."
    I fired off an email to Amazon asking that they confirm that my order isn't being canceled and asserting that since my order was finalized at $119.99, they have no right to up the price on it now and that I do not agree to cancel it unless they absolutely cannot fulfill my order on the terms which were agreed upon.

Any thoughts? I'll update this post as this progresses.

Aren't they 5 platter models? More moving things = it breaks sooner.

Comment

Well, amazon germany at least says that there isn't a contract until they start shipping the item. Don't know about america and whether this is legal in the first place. But if they want to - they can...

On the other hand the customer service often seems to be good and you should have a good chance when complaining if the price in fact changes for you.

Comment

Working...
      X