Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandriva 2007.1 Spring

Spring will be released soon.
    As a club member and early seeder I was able to download and install the Powerpack i586 version last Sunday.
    IMO this release is the best Mandriva I have ever used. Granted I've only been using Linux since Mandrake 10.0

If you want to try it out and can't wait for the release the mirrors are already configured for 2007.1. You could install RC3 then configure urpmi by going to smart-urpmi or easy urpmi and point to 2007.1 Official or do an ftp install if your familiar with how to do that.

I forgot to add Mandriva has now added a non-free repository so even those that do not belong to the club can have access to Mandriva's rpm's of ATI/Nvidia drivers Flash ect.

I like it so much that I've wiped XP off my comp
    Last edited by DarkFoss; 14 April 2007, 12:35 PM.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Enabling the repositories

Sorry I should have included the links you can use either smart-urpmi or easy urpmi to configure the mirrors.. I prefer smart-urpmi because you can easily check the status of the mirrors and speed if they take to long to load they may be at their connection limits. I use the script provided as well it saves time rather than entering them one at a time via command line.
    Mandriva patched their kernel for JMicron support awhile back. Hope you enjoy it

Don't select the test mirrors btw
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Looks like it was just released.

Comment

Working...
      X