Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Catalyst 13.3 Beta 2 Linux Driver

Phoronix: AMD Releases Catalyst 13.3 Beta 2 Linux Driver

AMD has uploaded the Catalyst 13.3 Beta 2 driver to their website for Linux x86/x86_64 users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I kinda hoped you wouldn't post this one. Yes it adds Linux 3.8/Ubuntu 13.04 support but that's it. No OpenGL changes, no bug-fixes, because this driver wasn't supposed to be public.

The first "real" 13.3 Beta for Linux is scheduled for next week.

Comment

I tried it and indeed installs under 3.8 and 3.7 kernels (Debian Wheezy 32-bit).

But i lose the virtual terminals if i boot with the 3.8 kernel after fglrx is loaded. If i try to switch away from vt7 (the x server vt), the screen goes totally blank (not even a cursor anywhere). The monitor has signal. I can switch back to vt7.

There is a line in dmesg that might have something to do with it:

<3>[fglrx:firegl_get_console_mode_info] *ERROR* Get Console Mode failed

With 3.7 vts work.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I kinda hoped you wouldn't post this one. Yes it adds Linux 3.8/Ubuntu 13.04 support but that's it. No OpenGL changes, no bug-fixes, because this driver wasn't supposed to be public.

The first "real" 13.3 Beta for Linux is scheduled for next week.
        How would you know without any change log? Do you have insider information?

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
          How would you know without any change log? Do you have insider information?
          Insider information on Twitter? What? :-D

Comment

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
            I tried it and indeed installs under 3.8 and 3.7 kernels (Debian Wheezy 32-bit).

But i lose the virtual terminals if i boot with the 3.8 kernel after fglrx is loaded. If i try to switch away from vt7 (the x server vt), the screen goes totally blank (not even a cursor anywhere). The monitor has signal. I can switch back to vt7.

There is a line in dmesg that might have something to do with it:

<3>[fglrx:firegl_get_console_mode_info] *ERROR* Get Console Mode failed

With 3.7 vts work.
            That's interesting. I can't build it with Linux 3.8.3.

Code:
            /root/fglrx/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.c: In function ?KCL_IOCTL_AllocUserSpace32?:
            /root/fglrx/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.c:225:5: error: implicit declaration of function ?COMPAT_ALLOC_USER_SPACE? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
            /root/fglrx/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.c:225:24: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
            cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
            make[2]: *** [/root/fglrx/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.o] Error 1
            make[1]: *** [_module_/root/fglrx/2.6.x] Error 2

Comment

Latest X.org Server

I hope it runs on the latest X.org Server!

Comment

Can somebody post here output of "glxinfo | grep OpenGL"?

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
                  Can somebody post here output of "glxinfo | grep OpenGL"?
                  It is 4.2.12172. As I said, no new version since 13.2 Beta 6 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    It is 4.2.12172. As I said, no new version since 13.2 Beta 6 yet.
                    Thanks, that's all i wanted to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X