Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Works On Linux Power Savings For Future CPUs

Phoronix: AMD Works On Linux Power Savings For Future CPUs

New kernel patches by AMD for the Linux kernel provide "frequency sensitivity feedback" for the powersave bias in cpufreq. This hardware feedback feature is to be introduced on future AMD processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would greatly appreciate it if they were doing something for the current GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      I would greatly appreciate it if they were doing something for the current GPUs.
      We are... I've mentioned that a couple of times here.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        So far all we've only heard hollow promises, for years.

I'm not saying you're not doing anything, but if it never reaches the users, it does not matter.
        Last edited by brent; 28 March 2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

We know Bridgman, we know the engineers and legal are trying to release the PM code. We're just annoyed at that lack of materializing documenation / code. It ain't your fault, you just get the shit since you're basically AMD's only reprensative here on the forums. The joys of being the messenger, right? :/
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
            So far all we've only heard hollow promises, for years.
            ... that seems odd, since the first time I talked about starting to work on it was just over a year ago and I said it wouldn't be quick and that we didn't know at the time what (if anything) we would end up being able to release. What do you think we "promised" ?

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            We know Bridgman, we know the engineers and legal are trying to release the PM code. We're just annoyed at that lack of materializing documenation / code. It ain't your fault, you just get the shit since you're basically AMD's only reprensative here on the forums. The joys of being the messenger, right? :/
            I guess, although to the best of my knowledge shooting messengers has *never* accomplished anything in the entire history of mankind and after the first couple of times it doesn't even make you feel any better
            Last edited by bridgman; 28 March 2013, 12:47 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

I guess, although to the best of my knowledge shooting messengers has *never* accomplished anything in the entire history of mankind and after the first couple of times it doesn't even make you feel any better
              Kicking them into pits of death however, shows that you and your 300 personal bodyguards are badasses...

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                Kicking them into pits of death however, shows that you and your 300 personal bodyguards are badasses...
                And how did that turn out for that guy? :P

Comment

True you have to soften him up a bit first

Comment

I don't mind having broken power savings on a desktop GPU or processor since...well..it's a desktop. It's always plugged into the mains.

What I cannot stand are broken power savings on mobile AMD hardware. So please prioritize those over your desktop hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X