Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI3 Support Merged Into Mesa 10.0

Phoronix: DRI3 Support Merged Into Mesa 10.0

Thursday was a heck of a day for Mesa development activity with several new OpenGL extensions having been merged, the Xorg state tracker being nuked, and the new game developer-focused GLX extension landing. However, that was not all and in the last commits prior to branching Mesa 10.0 from Git master was the adding of DRI3 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool to see __DRIimageLoaderExtension and __DRIimageDriverExtension are merged for the intel drivers.

When they will be written for gallium drivers, dri3 will be supported on all cards, and the Wayland egl backend will use these extensions instead of the dri2 ones.

Comment

I'm surprised there is no article yet about the new power management that was merged in nouveau git: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6 .

Comment

One thing that I would love the developers to clarify is... Drivers need support for DRI(X) but do Toolkits? Like do Qt or GTK need specific support for DRI3 or are things just going to automatically get better when Xorg 1.15 and Mesa 10 come out?
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          One thing that I would love the developers to clarify is... Drivers need support for DRI(X) but do Toolkits? Like do Qt or GTK need specific support for DRI3 or are things just going to automatically get better when Xorg 1.15 and Mesa 10 come out?
          This.

jiejroejfskljdf;sjf (50 words extra-mega stupid limit).

Comment

I'm still waiting for proper Optimus support.......... does DRI3 help with this? It keeps being hinted that DRI3 'may' help in this regard, but no clear answers have been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              I'm still waiting for proper Optimus support.......... does DRI3 help with this? It keeps being hinted that DRI3 'may' help in this regard, but no clear answers have been posted.
              Ask one of the kernel devs if DMA-Sync ever got merged into the kernel, cause that was the big 'next' checklist item for Optimus

Comment

Well I guess the hackers make sure the big v "10" is deserved.
                Though with the usual scheme it ought to be a devs release and for the users a stable 10.1 is then to come later.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Though with the usual scheme it ought to be a devs release and for the users a stable 10.1 is then to come later.
                  Mesa doesn't have separate 'feature freezes' and 'branching dates' (AFAIK) so changes are allowed to be submitted right up until a second before they branch the source tree, so this is kind of par for the course for them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    Ask one of the kernel devs if DMA-Sync ever got merged into the kernel, cause that was the big 'next' checklist item for Optimus
                    Would be good to see this getting some covering.

Comment

Working...
                    X