Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Announces Carrier Advisory Group

Phoronix: Ubuntu Announces Carrier Advisory Group

Canonical has announced today the Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch/Phone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Canonical has announced today the Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch/Phone...

...Deutsche Telekom...
    We're screwed ...

Comment

At least that's a really big player as opposed to the other companies.

Comment

Should have made full-linux phone with sense of ubuntu all over the place.

Instead we get Ubundroid, powered by controversal *peace* and sarcastic *unity*.

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        At least that's a really big player as opposed to the other companies.
        This pinky-stinky big-player recently tried to limit DSL flatrate to several GiB per month and start throttling the lines to 386 kilobit... Except own video services.
        Now, after public protest of 10K crowd they proposed a throttling to 2 Mbit (from usual 16 or 100).

Its no less crapsodic than Verizon and co.

Last edited by brosis; 18 June 2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

???

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
          Keep up the good work canonical! To world domination!
          lol ??????????????

Comment

I'm starving for firefox os and ubuntu touch to dominate markets :P Firefox os programming just involves html/css/javascript while ubuntu touch the all mighty C++ instead of bloated java or nasty objective-c syntax

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
              This pinky-stinky big-player recently tried to limit DSL flatrate to several GiB per month and start throttling the lines to 386 kilobit...
              This is unusual? I wish I only got shaped to 386kbps. It's 256kbps here, although it used to be 64kbps so I guess things have "improved."

Comment

Has there been any statement from Ubuntu about whether their Ubuntu Mobile platform will have a convergence function similar to what was planned for Ubuntu for Android?
                This is something that I really want to see any company put out.

It's also good to see that Ubuntu is getting some traction in the carrier game, I just wish that they had less competition from that DoA platform Tizen, I don't even think the developers understand what their platform is targeting.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                  Keep up the good work canonical! To world domination!
                  Yeah, maybe they will. The subjugated masses, however, will be replacing one master with another.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                    Has there been any statement from Ubuntu about whether their Ubuntu Mobile platform will have a convergence function similar to what was planned for Ubuntu for Android?
                    This is something that I really want to see any company put out.
                    I am not sure about Ubuntu, but this is planned for Plasma Active.

Comment

Working...
                    X