R200 & F7 help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R200 & F7 help needed

Can I use a newer driver for my Radeon 9200?

If not is there a patch for Fedora 7 and the 8.28.

Thanks.

There is no Fedora 7 patch for fglrx 8.28 since Fedora 7 uses X.Org 7.2 and X server 1.3, which are not supported by version 8.28.8 and no patch can back-port the X support.

What are you after by using a newer driver? If faster performance, try grabbing Mesa 7 and the latest driver from Fedora Rawhide. You can check out the open-source Radeon driver for TV-Out support too.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael, do you mean that Radeon 9200 is supported by newer fglrx drivers?
      I thought it was discontinued after 8.28.

Comment

Originally posted by xeros View Post
        Michael, do you mean that Radeon 9200 is supported by newer fglrx drivers?
        I thought it was discontinued after 8.28.
        You are correct that R200 (Radeon 9200) support was discontinued after the 8.28.8. I never mentioned though in my post to grab a newer fglrx driver.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sorry, I've miss understood.

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for your response. It looks like I'm stuck at this point.

What I'm after is that I'm trying to get X to push my panel resolution to it's native 1680x1050 mode. This was working until I had BestBuy service my PC. They swapped the MOBO (broken usb connector) and the Panel (backlight was flakey). When it came back even the winxp driver wouldn't recognize it.

I was hoping the ATI driver would allow me to override the BIOS panel detection and set the mode appropriately. Even when I specify the modeline my Xorg.0.log shows that my 1680x1050 is out of range and X refuses to put it into that mode. Rather, it drops back to 1280x800.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X