X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

wget https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

was successfull

Thanks for the info. Any improvements? or did they just use the 9.4 release and stick a new version number on it

Comment

I say:
      YAY!

the composite (kde effects turned on)+xv = lockup bug is fixed!
      Also:
      OpenGL version string: 2.1.8664
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Comment

well, it can be downloaded... it builds packages... but i'm afraid to install it :E I'll wait for official info + changes ;-)

Comment

Well the only diff i found was:

1002:9495

is now supported. Tearing or vdrift crash on exit with pts is still the same as usual. No 2.6.29+ support, well nobody expected that anyway...

Comment

well, I had lockups reliable with composite+tvtime (using xv). and I haven't had any lockups with the new driver.

Comment

It seems you are tearing resistant

Comment

No regressions so far.

The GLSL version is now correctly being reported as 1.30 (with the previous driver it was reported as 1.20). Did catalyst control center have the choice between `box', `narrow-tent', `wide-tent' and `edge-decect' filtering before in Linux? I never payed too much attention to these options but I can't remember seeing them before. Not sure though whether this is new or not...

Well... besides that... glxgears still shuts down with some kind of error (not a biggie). And I can't use an OpenGL forward compatible context in OpenGL 3.0 because that still segfaults the program (I notified AMD about this via the driver feedback page, even offered some example code, but I got no response).

Tomorrow the big test... my other pc that is mostly giving me more problems (dual-head seems to be hard to handle entirely correctly by fglrx).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  It seems you are tearing resistant
                  what tearing?

Originally posted by Heiko View Post
                  No regressions so far.
                  Did catalyst control center have the choice between `box', `narrow-tent', `wide-tent' and `edge-decect' filtering before in Linux? I never payed too much attention to these options but I can't remember seeing them before. Not sure though whether this is new or not...
                  they are not new.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    what tearing?
                    Video tearing. There's no way to get tear-free video playback when using Catalyst with anything other than the OpenGL renderer and compositing disabled.

Comment

Working...
                    X