Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy Linux 5.6 Starts Playing With F2FS

Phoronix: Puppy Linux 5.6 Starts Playing With F2FS

Poppy Linux, the lightweight and speed-oriented Linux distribution based upon Slackware, has updated their "Slacko" release to version 5.6 and with Puppy Linux 5.6 comes full F2FS file-system support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Poppy Linux
    Choice distro of opium smokers everywhere!

Comment

Nice! I carry Puppy Linux in my pocket with me everywhere I go. Very very useful. It usually runs in RAM though so I guess this was primarily for writing data back to the storage medium, which I rarely do. I also need my USB stick to be FAT32 for other reasons.

Comment

How does this puppy compare with Ubuntu or other common distros? Shouldnt it score better? And if loaded in faster, modern RAM it should be really cool. Does it run the benchmarking suite?

Comment

Originally posted by canezila View Post
          How does this puppy compare with Ubuntu or other common distros? Shouldnt it score better? And if loaded in faster, modern RAM it should be really cool. Does it run the benchmarking suite?
          I run Puppy 5.6 on my i5 4570k box with DDR3 1600. It works snappy but the first time shutdown takes unbelievably long.

Comment

Working...
          X