Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 1.1 Video Editor Released

Phoronix: OpenShot 1.1 Video Editor Released

OpenShot and PiTiVi have been capturing a lot of interest lately among those Linux users wishing for a reliable non-linear video editing application that is open-source and comparable in terms of features to those multi-media applications on other platforms. Yesterday the OpenShot crew announced their release of OpenShot 1.1, which moves this free software project one step forward. OpenShot 1.1 offers faster rendering, undo / redo support, an improved export process, dynamic tiling, new video effects, new shortcuts, better localizations, time-line scrolling, H.264 support, and numerous other improvements along with its share of bug-fixes. The release announcement for the OpenShot 1.1 video editor can be read at OpenShotVideo.com...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Latest Kdenlive is already pretty awesome editor and it's quite stable these days :P

Comment

Two years ago I had to cut a video I made - I found no editor that was stable enough and the ones that were stable had an insane GUI (cinelerra, blender).

Why not do a comparison of non-linear video editors for linux?

Comment

No offense, but PiTivi only has timeline editing that consists of inserting/removing a clip.
        I've been following the project for awhile and the progress is very slow. To be fair, it seems as though the problems are: 1. developer time, 2. Gstreamer. The later seems to be getting fixed as they come across problems, but it's slow. That being said, I like the idea of Gstreamer, but it is damned difficult to work with, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
        X