Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualBox 3.1 Beta Brings Teleportation & More

Phoronix: VirtualBox 3.1 Beta Brings Teleportation & More

Sun Microsystems had released VirtualBox 3.0 earlier this year with OpenGL 2.0 support for guests, long-awaited SMP guest support, and other improvements. This was a nice release for this virtualization platform, but VirtualBox 3.1 is now approaching...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

sweet !

finally SMP for guests

... oh wait ! that was for 3.0

looking forward to the improved PAE and 2D acceleration for windows

Comment

Nice...Vbox is getting better and better with each release. The teleportation feature is a must for easily moving VM's from one physical host to another. Think VMware will have to consider Vbox a serious competitor

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        Nice...Vbox is getting better and better with each release. The teleportation feature is a must for easily moving VM's from one physical host to another. Think VMware will have to consider Vbox a serious competitor
        With the kind of "stability" that VBox has? I doubt it I was never able to let a Windows XP VM run for more than two days, then it craps out. VMWare keeps running and running indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          With the kind of "stability" that VBox has? I doubt it I was never able to let a Windows XP VM run for more than two days, then it craps out. VMWare keeps running and running indefinitely.
          Perhaps that's some obscure bug...hopefully more people report issues like that so that they can be fixed

Comment

Working...
          X