Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.10 Now Available For Download

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.10 Now Available For Download

Canonical is releasing Ubuntu 13.10 today, on the same day Microsoft is shipping Windows 8.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Got the torrent downloading now

Comment

There is a bug with 3.11 and 3.12 RC kernels with my GPU and HDMI audio output. It is totally broken. Previously (ex. 3.8 kernel) HDMI audio output was working almost perfect except that it didn't work after system suspend (bug #1239233)

The GPU is Radeon 2600 PRO and I have submitted already BUG reports to Launchpad but it seams it is an upstream bug.

Launchpad BUG: #1237105

Its a pity I can't use these kernels that support DPM!
      There is a 5-8 Celsius difference in temperatures with DPM even for such an old piece of hardware!
      Last edited by verde; 17 October 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I couldn't find the new features web page for 13.10

Comment

Yay. Downloading Xubuntu right now. I hope a clean install will solve the packages oibaf broke. Next time I'll just go xorg-edgers, I had less pains with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer
            its the same OS?? i can't tell Windows 8 and Ubuntu apart
            You must be really stupid.

Comment

In during people hate on Ubuntu because it's popular and easy to use, and Linux no longer makes them seem super 1337 smart for using it.

The point of free software is to be free(and effective). Not to be part of your secret 1337 hardcore h4ck3r club.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                In during people hate on Ubuntu because it's popular and easy to use, and Linux no longer makes them seem super 1337 smart for using it.

The point of free software is to be free(and effective). Not to be part of your secret 1337 hardcore h4ck3r club.
                Not for for me. I many times had tempted to switch to 'hackers distro like Gentoo, Slackware, or just Arch.
                And, I have no problem to handle either (albeit not much free time though).
                I had used LFS for some time for this mater

But I staid and even was quite a zealous fan of U,
                precisely because I thought they will do the Linux right, and precisely because they will make it easy for the general public.

But what it turned into, its not worth even using, and heavens forbid being a fan of.
                This is just a truth, and I am not trolling now.

Comment

Windows 8.1 is released, eh? That makes me wonder, did they keep the functionality of creating ReFS partitions? Because it would be nice if there was a way to use a filesystem that doesn't make a habit of eating your data for lunch on Windows. Although as far as I have found, ReFS can still fail completely on a power failure at this point...
                  Also makes me wonder whether there are any plans of ReFS support in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim Levitsky View Post
                    Not for for me. I many times had tempted to switch to 'hackers distro like Gentoo, Slackware, or just Arch.
                    And, I have no problem to handle either (albeit not much free time though).
                    I had used LFS for some time for this mater

But I staid and even was quite a zealous fan of U,
                    precisely because I thought they will do the Linux right, and precisely because they will make it easy for the general public.

But what it turned into, its not worth even using, and heavens forbid being a fan of.
                    This is just a truth, and I am not trolling now.
                    Same for me - Ubuntu was a good distro for a while, but that was a couple of years ago. Now it's a cancer on the community.

Comment

Working...
                    X