Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Is Ready For Merging Cilk Plus Into GCC

Phoronix: Intel Is Ready For Merging Cilk Plus Into GCC

Intel developers are planning to merge Cilk Plus support into the mainline GCC code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Re

What I love about Cilk Plus is that it gives hands down the best performance in multi-core... And is very simple to use at the same time, you have to remember just 4 keywords and what you can do with them...
    Btw, I am just a user, not a marketing guy It sounds like it.

Comment

Regarding Cilk Plus and multicore: Does it improve performance for Dave the quad core gamer, for Dan the data-center renderer, or for both?

F

Comment

Why Cilk, if we have OpenMP?

Cilk has the same functionality as OpenMP. If I insert OpenMP pragmas into my code and then feed this code to a non-OpenMP-enabled compiler, the code will still compile and produce correct results. If I port my code to Cilk Plus and feed the code into a non-Cilk-enabled compiler, it breaks. So anybody who needs portability (e.g. every Open Source project) can't use Cilk Plus.

Comment

The last time Michael posted about it we had the same discussion, and I believe nobody showed why it should be used over openmp.

Comment

It has some novel features, such as Fortran-esque array notation which the compiler can optimize using SSE instructions.

Comment

Working...
            X