Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's XDG-Shell Preparing For Stable

Phoronix: Wayland's XDG-Shell Preparing For Stable

Wayland developer Jonas Ådahl is preparing to promote the XDG-Shell interface from unstable to stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this be the key to allowing for screen recording under Wayland without using DE-specific tools (e.g.: OBS)?

Comment

Now KDE can finally support GTK3 apps on Kwin running through wayland

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
        xdg-shell v6 support is currently coming along nicely, yeah. We had a partially Wayland-focused dev sprint in Spain this month where the bulk of it got implemented, along with more Wayland stuff. Plasma 5.11 later this year should be a pretty big milestone for our Wayland session.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
          Sadly, a couple of days ago, Mozilla gave me and various others a non-negotiable reason to stick to X11.

(They WONTFIX'd the request for a WebExtensions API capable of enabling the scroll-wheel to switch tab focus like it does in all other Linux apps, so I need a desktop which'll let me write keylogger-y code to hijack scroll-wheel events over the tab bar and convert them into synthesized Ctrl[+Shift]+Tab keypresses.)

Source: Bug 1246706, Comment 16

Comment

That's crap. Chromium?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Sadly, a couple of days ago, Mozilla gave me and various others a non-negotiable reason to stick to X11.

(They WONTFIX'd the request for a WebExtensions API capable of enabling the scroll-wheel to switch tab focus like it does in all other Linux apps, so I need a desktop which'll let me write keylogger-y code to hijack scroll-wheel events over the tab bar and convert them into synthesized Ctrl[+Shift]+Tab keypresses.)

Source: Bug 1246706, Comment 16
              Have you even read what you replied to or did I miss the news that Mozilla finally switched to GTK 3 now?

Comment

Working...
              X